Prenatal Sleep Education
This a prenatal sleep education workshop where parents will empower themselves with knowledge regarding newborn sleep so that you enter parenthood confident in your instincts as a new parent.
Learn about realistic sleep expectations in newborns and how to support your child as they grow and their sleep needs evolve.
Topics covered in this class incude:
- Biology of sleep
- Age appropriate sleep needs for 0-6 month olds
- Brief overview of sleep needs from 6 months – 4 years
- Developmental milestones and their relationship with sleep
- Underlying medical conditions influencing sleep
- Safe sleep recommendations
- Creating the ideal sleep environment
- Coping strategies for new parents
- Postpartum emotional complications
- Local resources