HypnoBirthing Childbirth Education Class
HypnoBirthing® is a comprehensive childbirth preparation course designed to prepare you fully and completely for the birth of your child.
You will learn relaxation and self hypnosis techniques to eliminate the fear and tension that cause long labour and pain, replacing it with confidence, calm, and comfort. In addition to the self-hypnosis techniques described you will understand and appreciate the changes taking place in your body as your body moves through your birthing process.
You will become familiar with common birth interventions and the alternatives, while gaining complete confidence in the birthing experience.
You will also learn:
- Other techniques to produce a shorter, more comfortable labour
- The creation and control of the body’s own natural anaesthesia
- The source of the myth that pain must accompany normal birthing
- Why women in other cultures have birthing almost entirely free of discomfort
- How the mother’s body is designed to work in neuromuscular harmony with nature throughout labour
- The importance of prenatal and perinatal bonding
HypnoBirthing® can help:
- Eliminate the Fear-Tension-Pain Syndrome before, during and after birthing
- Eliminate or greatly reduce the need for chemical painkillers
- Shorten the first stage of labour by several hours
- Eliminate fatigue during labour, leaving mother fresh, awake and with energy for actual birthing
- Eliminates risk of hyperventilation from “shallow” breathing methods
- Promote special bonding of mother, baby and birthing companion
- Encourage a more rapid postnatal recovery
- Return birthing to the beautiful, peaceful experience nature intended
- Creates a more integral role for the birthing companion.
About Deborah Orenstein:
After decades in a joyful career teaching and performing on the violin in chamber orchestras in the Americas and Europe, Deborah felt a strong calling to ‘give back’ in a helping profession. She became a doula because of her desire to support families in achieving the best possible birthing experience. She has been a doula for over 15 years and has helped hundreds of families achieve their ideal birth.
Deborah has been a HypnoBirthing® Childbirth Educator for close to two decades.
“We had an un-medicated perfect birthing experience and Jason and I sincerely thank you for all of your guidance in the preparation for our birth. It was the most beautiful experience and our baby is so happy and healthy (and she was so alert right after). Breastfeeding has been amazing so far and I know it’s because of her calm entrance into the world. Thank you again for everything!”
“Words cannot describe how much I appreciate all the time, energy and focus you spent to help me prepare for my birth! You gave us the ability to take the birth of Gavriel to a whole different level.”
“I really have no way to show you how much everything you did for us has meant. Before your classes, I was horrified at the prospect of giving birth again. But you were able to change that into a joyful energy that ultimately led to a birth that will always remind me that if we dare to imagine it, anything is possible. I will live my life in a different light because of this, and will always cherish the things you taught me.”
“I still remember that I was really worried about the labour while I was in class;…. relaxation techniques helped during the labour, but it also helped me immensely during my pregnancy to overcome fear ob labour.”
“When I told Jorge that I wanted to deliver at home, he was not happy, but now he is fully satisfied that we decided this. He said he was more involved and I really want to encourage people who are thinking of delivering at home. It was a great experience for both parents. It was 11 hours labour and no tearing. Thanks so much for the classes.”
“My water broke early morning and contractions began soon after. By late morning they were pretty intense but through the relaxation and breathing techniques we learned in your class I was managing very well. By the early afternoon, I talked again to the midwife and she felt we should meet at the hospital where I was already 9 cm dilated! Your class really helped me gain the confidence to trust my body and eliminate any fear I had about the process. Thanks for giving us the tools and confidence we needed for this beautiful birth!”
** Please note – there will be no class on Thursday November 23; the series that starts on November 16 will be extended by a week to make up for this missed class, and will end on December 21st.
We look forward to meeting you!