HypnoBirthing Childbirth Education Class
HypnoBirthing® is a comprehensive childbirth preparation course designed to prepare you fully and completely for the birth of your child.
You will learn relaxation and self hypnosis techniques to eliminate the fear and tension that cause long labour and pain, replacing it with confidence, calm, and comfort. In addition to the self-hypnosis techniques described you will understand and appreciate the changes taking place in your body as your body moves through your birthing process.
You will become familiar with common birth interventions and the alternatives, while gaining complete confidence in the birthing experience.
You will also learn:
- Other techniques to produce a shorter, more comfortable labour
- The creation and control of the body’s own natural anaesthesia
- The source of the myth that pain must accompany normal birthing
- Why women in other cultures have birthing almost entirely free of discomfort
- How the mother’s body is designed to work in neuromuscular harmony with nature throughout labour
- The importance of prenatal and perinatal bonding
HypnoBirthing® can help:
- Eliminate the Fear-Tension-Pain Syndrome before, during and after birthing
- Eliminate or greatly reduce the need for chemical painkillers
- Shorten the first stage of labour by several hours
- Eliminate fatigue during labour, leaving mother fresh, awake and with energy for actual birthing
- Eliminates risk of hyperventilation from “shallow” breathing methods
- Promote special bonding of mother, baby and birthing companion
- Encourage a more rapid postnatal recovery
- Return birthing to the beautiful, peaceful experience nature intended
- Creates a more integral role for the birthing companion
All course materials (Hypnobirthing textbook and MP3 download link) are provided at the first class.
** Please note – there will be no class on Thursday November 23; the series that starts on November 16 will be extended by a week to make up for this missed class, and will end on December 21st.
We look forward to meeting you!
Being a HypnoBirthing® childbirth educator is more than just guiding women on how to relax and connect to their bodies and calm the mind during birth. It is also a humbling opportunity to be witness to the moment when each and every woman begins to tap into her personal, unique and innate ability to give birth. Helping women better understand that their body and their baby is working with them during birth thereby empowers them to make informed decisions about the best possible birth options. With the help of their birthing companion (i.e. husband, partner, friend), women can easily learn to apply the HypnoBirthing® relaxation techniques with confidence and trust during their birthing experience.
It was during my own journey into self-awareness that I discovered meditation and became deeply interested in mindfulness and its emphasis on the breath. Mindful breathing practices became part of my professional work and in 2009 after completing my Master’s degree in social work, I developed and facilitated meditation workshops which led me to become a certified HypnoBirthing® childbirth educator. I view the breath as the most powerful tool for calming the continuous chatter of the mind, for relaxing the body and helping women access their body’s innate ability to birth. It is a beautiful and sacred moment when women begin to recognize and trust their body as their most intimate teacher.